About Me

My photo
I'm a multi-published author of paranormal erotic romance with Siren Publishing, Evernight Publishing and Ellora's Cave. Hailing from south Louisiana, I like to think I bring a little Cajun spice to the Cabal of Hotness. You can't have heat with out it!

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Feeding the Need to Read

It shouldn't be surprising to people that writers love to read. I'm no exception to this statement. I'm actually obsessed with reading except my banking account struggles to keep up with my addiction. It is an addiction, by the way. When I'm not writing or doing something I have to be doing, there is a book in front of my face.

Just so happens a ton of great books came out/are coming out this fall. How do I know they're great if I haven't read them? I'm psychic. Really. No, okay, so I'm not. However, these are books by some of my absolute favorite authors (who don't write fast enough to fulfill my appetite for their sexy heroes).

So what books am I looking forward to? Too many to name, really. But, let's see what we have on the list, shall we?

Covet by J.R. Ward - Ward has been one of my favorite authors since I picked up Dark Lover years ago. This shouldn't be surprising since she is THE WOMAN. I love her heroes, I love the Black Dagger Brotherhood and I have a feeling I'll love her angels. I mean, c'mon...Lassiter? Hello!

Deep Kiss of Winter by Kresley Cole and Gena Showalter - This book is a double header. I'm stoked about it. These are two of my favorite authors (okay so I have a lot of favorite authors). Gena's books ever since I read Heart of the Dragon. Her heroes are just so damn sexy! And her heroines are tough as nails. Gotta love that! I've been reading Kresley's books since I picked up A Hunger Like No Other and let me just say, I get every range of emotion from her novels. My heart aches for her characters and I seriously laugh out loud...mostly at Nix and Regin...gotta love those Valkyries.

Okay so those are two books I really can't wait to get my hands on. I don't want to turn this post into a five page summary of every author I love ;) But you get the idea!

So which books are you eagerly anticipating? Is there a series you wish could've kept going on until you were old enough to forget you read the first and start all over again?

3 comments:

  1. J.A. Ward is going to be at my Borders signing that book!!!! I can't wait. I just picked up Await your reply by Dan Chaon. I love when a man does great fiction. Happy reading:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops...no wonder I'm not pubbed! J.R. WARD!! I hate edits....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous! Seriously...I'm planning on going to the RT convention next year cause...it'll be good to learn more right? No. Cause she's supposed to be there doing a workshop. I don't know if I'll be able to hold the 'squee' back. I hope so. I don't want to look like a doofus.

    ReplyDelete